FSIS Issues Public Health Alert for Beef and Lamb Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection
WASHINGTON, March 19, 2021 – The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is issuing a public health alert for products produced without the benefit of federal inspection by One Meat Corp., doing business as Eastern Asia Trading Corporation, a La Puente, Calif. firm. A recall was not recommended because it is believed that the affected products are no longer available to be purchased by consumers.
The beef and lamb products subject to the public health alert are:
- 1-lb packages of Eastern Asia Trading Corporation “BEEF OMASUM TRIPES.”
- 1-lb packages of Eastern Asia Trading Corporation “GROUND LAMB” with “Production date” 12/26/2020.
- 1-lb packages of Eastern Asia Trading Corporation “CUTTED BEEF FOR BBQ” with “Production date” 7/31/2020.
- 1-lb packages of Eastern Asia Trading Corporation “CHINESE LAMB BBQ.”
- 2-lb packages of Eastern Asia Trading Corporation “CUTED BEEF LIGAMENT.”
- Approx. 1-lb packages of Eastern Asia Trading Corporation “CHINESE BEEF BBQ.”
- 1-lb packages of Eastern Asia Trading Corporation “CUBED LAMB FOR BBQ SET.”
While some products bear the establishment number “EST. 45557” inside the USDA mark of inspection, the products were not produced by federal establishment 45557.
The items were shipped to an online retailer, Weee! Corporation, and sold directly to consumers through online sales nationwide.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be in consumers’ freezers. Anyone concerned about an illness should contact a health care provider. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.